At Mille Lacs Health System, we realize that men often put annual wellness visits and preventative screenings at the bottom of their to-do list—but it’s just as important for men to take an active role in their health as it is for other family members. And because preventative appointments are often no-pay or low-pay visits in most health insurance plans, take advantage of this invaluable opportunity to monitor your health—and catch potential problems before they become more serious.
Our providers and specialists have the expertise and resources right here, where appointments are close by and convenient. From important preventative screenings, to discussing issues or concerns that evolve as you age, make your wellness a priority—and give your health the attention it deserves.
Our men’s health services include:
- Blood pressure check
- Verifying that all vaccinations are current
- Behavioral health/depression screening
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) if at risk
- Cholesterol check
- Skin cancer screening
- Colon cancer screening starting at age 50, or earlier if you have a family history of the disease or other health risks. Talk to your provider for his or her recommendation.
- Blood sugar check for diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Prostate screening